Many people aren't sure if—or how—they should work with consultants. Whether it's with a small or large organization, over a short or extended time period, our services are tailored to match your needs. We work in a staged way:
Some of our longest partnerships began years ago with a phone call. In this single, hour-long confidential conversation, we'll discuss the challenges and opportunities you face. Beforehand, we'll ask for materials or suggest questions to think about. We'll begin to identify your needs and how we might address them. And, you'll leave with a sense of our working style and process
Working in partnership allows you to think bigger and accomplish more over the long term. Together we can tackle projects that go beyond your capacity or expertise, such as:
- Embarking on a strategic planning process - if you need one and how to approach it
- Improving the way your organization is managed
- Building relationships with audiences, members, or funders
- Improving your return on direct mail and individual giving
- Increasing your success rate on grant proposals
- Creating a fundraising plan
- Preparing a case statement that unifies your fundraising messages
- Launching a capital campaign or other major fundraising initiative
- Increasing your board's effectiveness
- Obtaining ongoing fundraising guidance, to build staff's capacity while freeing them up to focus on programs
- Creating evaluation tools to measure your success
- Training your staff in evaluation
- Gathering data after a performance or during a residency
- Conducting a multi-year evaluation for an arts organization or academic department
Products meet a distinct need, yet are designed to have lasting impact. Tailored to the client, they might include a comprehensive strategic or business plan; a written review of fundraising materials; new grant proposals; a case statement; a direct mail package; an evaluation training session or instruments; or a multi-year evaluation report.
These principles guide both our work and relationships with clients.
Available by appointment.